Pisgah Historic Tour and Lunch
Time & Location
About The Event
"The Pisgah Rural Historic District contains the buildings, structures, sites, and landscapes that are the physical evidence of historic events and an active rural agricultural community from 1784 into the 21st century. The majority of the property is comprised of land that has been devoted to farming for over 200 years. The properties of the Pisgah Rural Historic District physically express the traditions, beliefs, activities, and values of an intimate agriculturally-based rural community in the Bluegrass." - Chris Amos, National Register of Historic Places Application, 1987
Begin your historical journey of the Pisgah Rural Historic District at The Kentucky Castle. Following your tour of the castle, you will be taking a scenic route through Pisgah Pike to the many historical and agricultural destinations below! Your guide will be taking you on a journey through the history and significance of each destination! After your ride through the countryside, you will be taken back to the castle for an amazing lunch in our Grand Ballroom!
- Pisgah Church and Cemetery
- WinStar Farms
- Mitchell's Farm
- Three Chimneys Farm
- Ashview Farm
- and so many more!
Pisgah Community Historic Association is a 501c3 whose proceeds will be used to beautify and preserve the Pisgah Agricultural Historic District.
Lunch Menu (subject to change):
- Rolls and Butter
- Black & Blue Salad - blackberries, roquefort blue cheese, candy pecans, pickled red onions
- Kentucky Burgoo - chicken, local sausage, beef tips, red potatoes, onion, corn, green beans
- Pork Medallions - Kentucky Proud Beef, henry bains sauce, cooked medium
- Kentucky Hot Brown Casserole - bacon, ham, turkey, mornay, tomato, farfalle
- Seasonal Vegetable - Kentucky Castle garden, chef driven seasonal dish
- Warm Mixed Berry Cobbler - local berries, whipped cream
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with all seating requests and dietary restrictions.
*No refunds or exchanges.