May 5 - Inaugural Derby Party!
Time & Location
About The Event
Come celebrate Kentucky's most famous holiday at The Kentucky Castle!
On Saturday, May 5, we'll be partying Derby-style with a half-day indulgence of drinking, gambling* and other debauchery.
- Private guided tours of the Castle
- Lessons in making a proper (and delicious) mint julep
- Guided Bourbon tastings with food pairings
- Wagering on races 9 through 11 plus the Derby*
- Derby-themed trivia games hosted by Local Trivia Action
- Special Derby-themed heavy hors d'oeuvres menu
Baja Fish Taco
Crispy Fried Red Snapper, Napa Cabbage Slaw, Sriracha Lime Aioli, Cotija Cheese
Castle Hot Brown
Smoked Pulled Chicken, Country Ham Queso Blanco Mornay, Crostini, Pico De Gallo, Cilantro
Pulled Pork Sliders
Bourbon Bbq, Pulled Pork, Yeast Roll, Smoked Jalapeno Coleslaw, Crispy Fried Onion
Deviled Eggs Benedict, Country Ham Crisp, Brown Butter Panko
Chorizo Deviled Egg, Chorizo, Onion Straws, Crispy Spinach
Guacamole Deviled Egg, Pico De Gallo, Cilantro, Pickled Onion
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs, Fried Capers, Shallots
Local Smoked Trout Crostini
Smoked Trout, Boursin, Crostini, Micro Radish
Mini Derby Pie Chocolate Chip Bars
Mint Julep Panna Cotta Shooters
Layered Mint Julep Panna Cotta, Baileys Custard, Kahlua Whip Cream, Belgian Chocolate Shavings
Additional cash bar available.
Enjoy the Sport of Kings in a truly royal setting.
Derby attire strongly encouraged. Prizes will be award for best overall Derby outfit, best Derby hat and overall horse racing bets winner!
* Pretend wagering, just to keep it legal.
- General Admission$125$1250$0